Since 2010, the US Box Lacrosse Association (USBOXLA) and its members have changed the way the sport is played in the United States. More youth – 11,000+ kids are USBOXLA members right now – are playing real box lacrosse in the US than ever before. This year, the evolution of box lacrosse in the country continues. Through a unique collaboration between the Colorado Mammoth, the University of Denver, USBOXLA and Warrior Sports, college-aged box lacrosse in America becomes a reality in 2017.
The Colorado Collegiate Box Lacrosse League (CCBLL) will provide some of the state’s and even country’s top college-aged talent a competitive summer box lacrosse experience – a similar model to the junior leagues in Canada.
While most American collegiate lacrosse players simply go home after their spring season, Canadians are already at the rink, refining their skills, bettering their overall game and continuing that path to becoming a truly complete lacrosse player. Former and current University of Denver talent like Mark Matthews, Wesley Berg and Tyler Pace, all evolved into the players they are today by playing both youth and junior box lacrosse in Canada every summer.
Now, it’s our turn.
The CCBLL will provide American collegiate players with the country’s first fully sanctioned, legitimate box lacrosse league. The league will be run by highly respected and regarded representatives from both the Mammoth and DU, while USBOXLA will serve as the loop’s governing body, providing an environment of structure, skill, safety and successes.
Inaugural season highlights:
- 4 teams: Gold Miners, Bighorns, Stoneflies and Fighting Bison
- 20 collegiate-aged players per roster (including incoming freshman)
- Schedule runs from June 7 to August 5, providing players time to still play and coach club teams and tournaments
- 12-game regular season, semi finals and best-of-three championship (+ 8 practice sessions)
- Pre-season player combine and draft
- Warrior is the Official Equipment Supplier of the Colorado Collegiate Box Lacrosse League
- Players provided with team-branded apparel by Rude Brand
- All games filmed + player evaluations provided by NLL and USBOXLA experts
- Dedicated league website with stats, standings and player profiles
- Games played at central-Denver turf facility
- Highly regarded and compensated coaching staff that provide the best possible instruction and development
- USBOXLA trained and certified officials, insurance and membership
- Strict rules application and discipline process so that players are best protected from injury
- Optional housing programs for out of state players
- Summer employment opportunities within the lacrosse industry for out of state players
Interested? Register here.